November 11, 2013

Abigail's Quilt

A new baby is always a good excuse to crack out the Janome. My friend just had a baby girl. Her poor mum had an horrific time during her pregnancy for a number of different reasons so I wanted to make her baby something special. 


















I saw her for the first time on Sunday.... yes the tears welled up for a few seconds but I hardened up.
When I first saw these quilts by Alison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew decided it was definitely a good one for a Copy-Kate. I love the simplicity of the design and the clean look. I find a lot of her quilts a real treat for the eye without being too busy. I limited myself to fabrics which I already had....tried to kerb the fabric buying addiction slightly.
For the back I needed a bit extra than what I had for the backing fabric so I pieced a few rectangles together.
I'm not as yet the greatest quilter, so I opted for easy lines a quarter inch either side of the triangles on the front.
Special thanks to Emily and her skinny little arms for holding up the quilt, and to Abigail for being born.

Kate




1 comment :

  1. Kate this is the first time I have ever read this as a had no idea you blog you sneaky sneaky lol. Memories from Abigail's birth have came flooding back to me....I'm in tears from the memories and from this blog xxxx What love has filled my heart ..to this day that quilt is cherished by Abigail and our family x love you Kate and thank you with all my heart ♥

    ReplyDelete